We understand the importance of our legal and moral responsibility in respecting your privacy and appropriately taking care of any personal data we may hold about you.
If you have any queries regarding personal data held by Companion Technology Ltd, please get in touch with our Data Protection Officer by using the details on our contact us page or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer to ensure your personal data is up to date and relevant.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the following policy explains how we collect, store and use personal data when:
- You visit the Companion Technology Ltd website
- You enter into a dialogue or transaction with us
- We are processing data in accordance with the services we provide
This policy only covers your personal identifiable information on this and other Companion Technology Ltd websites and personal data that we process. Throughout our website, there are many links to third party sites beyond our control and we suggest that you always check the privacy policies of these sites before using them.
This policy does not cover the personal data processing activities of anyone for whom we process personal data as a data processor, i.e. in accordance with their instructions (more information can be found on this below).
By visiting this or our other websites, and in providing any personal data about yourself to us, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept our policies and practices. If you are at all uncertain about any aspect of our policies and practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer and refrain from using this website and our other website owned by Companion Technology Ltd.
How we use your personal information
Collecting very specific, relevant personal data is a necessary part being able to provide you with any services you may request from us or in providing services to our customers.
- We only use your personal data for the legitimate purpose for which it was collected in a fair, secure and transparent manner.
- We will never use your personal data for any other purpose unless you have clearly agreed to it, or it is necessary for legitimate interests.
- We do not sell or rent personal data to third parties.
Protecting your privacy
Companion Technology Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data. We always aim to treat personal data with respect, keeping it safe and secure. We do not sell or rent personal data to third parties.
Personal data we collect
You will be asked for personal data such as your name and email address when you make an inquiry, your postcode during an LTE-M check and you delivery address when placing an order from us.
Where appropriate, we use your personal data to:
- Enter into, or perform, a contract or arrangement.
- Comply with a legal duty.
- Remember your preferences e.g. opting out of marketing communications, or for our own legitimate interests (such as marketing, internal record keeping, market research or to improve our products or services) - provided your rights don’t override these.
This will include:
- Providing you with industry related news/research reports.
- Letting you know about our new products and services in which you may be interested.
- Informing you about changes and improvements to our products and services and to this website.
- For profiling and internal research purposes.
Keeping your data secure
We employ a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data safe and to prevent unauthorised access, use, or disclosure of it.
We take all appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal data.
Rights regarding accessing your personal data
Under GDPR, it is your right to request access to the data we hold about you if desired.
If you wish to do this, please submit a request to FAO: Data Protection Officer, by email to email@example.com.
- Tell you whether any of your personal data is being processed by us.
- Provide a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations.
- Provide you with a copy of your personal data and, where available, the source of the data.
- Act within the prescribed 1-month period allowed, however, should the request involve complicated data flows across multiple systems, this time period could be extended, but we will always contact you at the point a request is raised to confirm timescales.
The right to be forgotten
You also have the right to have your personal data either erased or anonymised, which is commonly referred to as the right to be forgotten.
To submit a request, please contact The Data Protection Officer at Companion Technology Ltd, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assess what, if any, of your personal data is covered by the right to be forgotten.
- Explain to you the reasons for any personal data held by us not being subject to the right to be forgotten, for example where its retention is required by law.
If you wish to invoke any of the other rights that you may have in relation to your personal data, for example rights to rectification, right to restrict processing, right to portability, right to object to processing and the right to object to automated decision making then you can only do so to the data controller. We may not always be the data controller of your personal data, so you may not always be able to invoke these rights against us.
Transfer of data
We only store personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA). If one of our subcontractors (such as a payment processor) needs to transfer it outside of the EEA, we will take steps to make sure there are adequate levels of privacy protection and you will be notified of this within your privacy notice.
You can opt-in and opt-out of receiving email communications alerting you to news and offers at any time. To do this, simply email email@example.com.
Companion Technology Ltd and all other brand logos and contents of this website (including text, design and graphics) are copyrighted materials of Companion Technology Ltd. All rights are reserved.
Changes to this policy
Contacting Companion Technology Ltd
All communications regarding Information Security and Data Protection should be directed to our Data Protection Officer. To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the details on our contact us page – clearly marking any communication FAO: Data Protection Officer.
Subject Access Requests or requests to invoke other rights can also be sent to this address or sent direct to email@example.com.